Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Life of Bobby Fischer


Bobby Fischer was born in Chicago and was raised in Brooklyn New York. Bobby became famous as a teenager after Bobby defeated Soviet Union champion Boris Spassky in chess in 1972 during the cold war. Bobby Fischer was the first and the only American to win a World Chess Championship. But He was the eleventh person to win a World Chess Championship. He lost his world chess crown 1975 after refusing to play his Soviet rival Anatoly Karpov. While living in the Soviet Union he lived in numerous places like Japan, Germany, Hungary, and the Philippines. In 2004-2005 his U.S. passport was revoked so the Japanese police had him in custody for nine months before he was released to Iceland. He officially made his self an Icelanders in 2005 so he wouldn't be deported back to the United States. He died in Iceland in 2009. These are some of Bobby’s most famous quotes.

  • “Chess is life”

  • "All I want to do, ever, is just play chess"

  • "I don’t believe in psychology. I believe in good moves”

  • “You can only get good at chess if you love the game”

  • "Chess demands total concentration and a love for the game."

  • "I give 98 percent of my mental energy to chess. Others give only 2 percent."

  • "Your body has to be in top condition. Your chess deteriorates as your body does. You can't separate body from mind."

  • "I prepare myself well. I know what I can do before I go in. I'm always confident."

  • "Psychologically, you have to have confidence in yourself and this confidence should be based on fact."

  • "People have been playing against me below their strength for fifteen years."
  • "It’s just you and your opponent at the board and you're trying to prove something."

http://www.bobby-fischer.net//



No comments:

Post a Comment