Thursday, March 5, 2009

WHAT I KNOW ABOUT CHESS?

I know that Chess is a strategy game. I know all the rules to this game. I know that the pawns either move up one space or two spaces and can only attack to the diagnal. I know that the knight moves in an "L" shape in a three square movement. I know that the rook olny can move up as many spaces as it can go and to the side as many spaces as it can go. The bishop can only move diagnal on the color that it is on. The queen can move the same way as the rook and the bishop, but not as the knight. The king can only move one space at a time in any direction.

I know there are 64 squares on the chess board. The queen is the most powerful piece on the board from what I understand. There are 32 pieces on the board, 16 black and 16 white. There are eight pawns, two rooks, two bishops, two knights, one king and one queen on both sides. The last two things that I know is that the reason of the game is to protect your king and to trap your oponents king.

Questions about Chess

1.) Where was it invented?
2.) Who inventeed it?
3.) Were the pieces always the same?



Source

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess

1 comment:

  1. 1. He doesnt quit have 300 words for this post

    2. I would give him a 7 for the overall rating

    3. I give his pictures a 7.

    4. I give the post a 10 because he explains what he knows and what he would like to know.

    5. I give a 10 for clearly listing what questins you have about chess.

    6. His picture explain his topic but they are kinda plain and not really exciting enough.

    7. How long has chess been around?

    ReplyDelete